Our school is an educational community of diverse individuals who are developing their intellectual, artistic, and physical talents to the highest degree. These individuals have an exalted sense of purpose in their lives; this purpose inspires our community to transcend barriers, work harmoniously, and mobilize positive change.
Our school division is a sought-after teaching institution that exemplifies highest professional standards, and innovative instructional practices. Taymour English School will provide principle-centered leadership and assist others in understanding the boundaries for collective decision making and planning.
The School will use these principles to enable it to achieve its vision for the future of education in Taymour. Academic excellence is a priority at Taymour. All students are challenged and supported to meet and exceed rigorous Standards.
- We are responsible for ensuring that all students become literate thinkers and problem solvers with an enthusiasm for lifelong learning. Children are nurtured as individuals with social, emotional, physical and academic needs. Learning is not limited to the boundaries of the classroom.
- We provide opportunities for children to explore their interests, broaden their horizons, and develop their talents and creativity.
- We respect, value, and celebrate diverse traditions, beliefs, and languages. Each person is an individual of great worth. Collaboration among staff, parents, and community members maximize the resources and support available to our students.
Our school community shares responsibility for student success. Communication is the key. Everyone has a voice that is heard.
- We value our employees as the lifeblood of the organization. They serve as ambassadors for education in the community. Our dedicated employees are highly qualified, superbly talented, and exemplary individuals. They embody professionalism that compels personal and group commitment to excellence in education for all students. As a school family, we provide a safe, supportive, stimulating learning environment.
- We model and expect responsible, respectful behavior, and students are held accountable for their choices. We take pride in our clean, well-maintained campus.
Together we create a school where students and adults want to be.
Summary of Vision Our vision is to exemplify highest professional standards, and innovative instructional practices, provide principle-centered leadership, ensure that all students become literate thinkers and problem solvers with an enthusiasm for lifelong learning, provide opportunities for children to explore their interests, broaden their horizons, and develop their talents and creativity, embody professionalism that compels personal and group commitment to excellence in education for all students.